WHAT IS MICROCREDIT?
Author: Főadmin Date: 2015. április 10., péntek 09:14
Is it possible that 5000 HUF is enough?
The richest 20% of the world’s population uses 80% of the world’s resources including economic, energy and natural resources. The majority of the world’s population can only use the remaining 20%.
Microcredit in practice:
Imagine that you’re able to change the world with only 5000 HUF. It sounds funny, right? But Muhammad Yunus succeeded. He brought hope, opportunities and felemelkedést to many thousands of people living in poverty. What was Yunus’ brilliant idea? As an economist in Bangladesh he established the „Bank of the Poor.”
He granted small amounts of credit without interest to poor people who were interested in entrepreneurship, hoping that they would pay back.
Did they pay it back?
According to the statistics, 97% of the credit receivers started their own business and paid the loan back. During the years he lent 13 billion dollars, giving the chance to many hundreds of thousands of poor people for a better life.
DID YOU KNOW?
3 billionpeople, half of the world’s population, lives from 600HUF per day. On the bottom of this group are the people who live from less than 300HUF.
There are some people who fight against this situation and believe that the world could be a better place than this.
Our colleagues who are proficient in microcredit would gladly visit your school.
You can ask questions directly from them and you can learn what internal and external problems and tendencies we are facing. The education is materialized in the frames of an EU tender in Hungary, Italy and Spain. The tender is also supported by the state department of Hungary.
Love without borders
Workers of HBAid in Tacloban again
Five months after the typhoon in Tacloban (Philippines) and its surrounding areas, Hungarian Baptist Aid (HBAid) is rebuilding a school and a kindergarten that were damaged, distributing water purification systems for families, and helping injured children.